the nd2080 2-inch exit high frequency compression driver has been designed for high quality sound systems application. the titanium diaphragm is produced in house and has been developed to assure unmatched transient response. the diaphragm assembly is made by joining the former directly to the titanium dome on its upper bend edge. in comparison with a usual straight former joint, the driver design assures extended frequency energy transfer for improved response linearity and unparallel reliability. this feature allows proper motion control of the dome in real working conditions. a proprietary treated nomex former is used as nomex shows a 30% higher value of tensile elongation at a working operative temperature (200 degrees c) when compared to kapton. moreover, this proprietary former material is also suitable for use in higher moisture content environments. the nd2080 powerful neodymium magnet assembly has been designed to obtain 22kgauss in the gap for major benefits in transient response. the motor structure, throughout the precisely coherent phase plug with 3 circumferential slots and copper ring on the pole piece, reduces inductance effect and distortion. four top plate air ducts have been designed to act as a loading chamber for the diaphragm, implementing mid band distortion and response figures. the custom designed o-ring creates a tight seal between the plate and the cover assuring air chamber loading. excellent heat dissipation and thermal exchange are guaranteed by the direct contact between the magnetic structure and the aluminum cover which leads to a lower power compression value. due to the increasing use of high power audio systems at outdoor events or in marine environments, the ability of equipment to perform properly under inclement weather conditions is a key feature of eighteen sound philosophy. hence, a special treatment is applied to the magnet and the top and back plates of the magnetic structure making the driver more resistant to the corrosive effects of salts and oxidization. this treatment is more effective than any other treatment used by other manufacturers.
* 110 db spl 1w / 1m average sensitivity
* 2 inch exit throat
* 3 inch edgewound aluminum voice coil
* 200 w program power handling
* pure titanium diaphragm assembly
* neodymium ring magnetic structure
* excellent thermal exchange
throat diameter 50 mm (2 in)
* rated impedance 8 ohm
* dc resistance 6,2 ohm
* minimum impedance 8 ohm at 3500 hz
* le (at 1khz) 124 h
* aes power 100 w above 1,2 khz
* program power 200 w above 1,2 khz
* sensitivity (@ 1w/1m) 110 db
* frequency range 500 hz - 20 khz
* recomm. xover frequency 800hz 12 db/octave
* diaphragm material titanium
* voice coil diameter 75 mm (3 in)
* voice coil winding material edge-wound aluminum
* magnet material neodymium
* flux density 2,2 t
* bl factor 15,5 n/a
* polarity positive voltage on red terminal gives positive pressure in the throat
* thiele small parameters
* overall diameter 131 mm (5,1 in)
* n. of mounting holes and bolt 4 m6 holes 90 degrees at 102 mm (4 in)
* bolt circle diameter 102mm (4 in)
* total depth 99 mm (3,9 in)
* net weight 3,4 kg (7,49 lb)
* shipping weight 3,5 kg (7,71 lb)
* cardboard packaging dimensions 132x132x103 mm(5,2x5,2x4,1 in)
weight: 15.00 (lbs)
Model #: ND2080
*Warranty: Full manufacturer's warranty applies.
This item is accompanied by a manufacturer's warranty. Most items, if found to be defective, may be returned to Savinglots.com for replacement within 30 days from the original date of purchase with proper return authorization. After the 30 day time period, products must be returned to their original manufacturer for the remainder of the manufacturer's warranty period.
Most manufacturers offer at least a 1 year warranty. Please check with the specific manufacturer for their warranty periods. Please email or call us with any questions if you are unable to find specific information.
Large items such as refrigerators, freezers will be serviced under warranty by the manufacturers recommended servicer at your location.