5700a elite weather meter with applied ballistics - black
get the world's most complete ballistics calculator - a rugged kestrel weather meter with the "science of accuracy" built in! the kestrel elite weather meter provides the full capabilities of the applied ballistics elite ballistics solver along with accurate measurement of wind and air density to deliver elevation and windage solutions for unprecedented accuracy on extended long range shots. utilizing the full power of the applied ballistics solver the kestrel elite is intended for shooters who want to reach deep into the transonic and subsonic range.
- employs the applied ballistics bullet library of custom drag models, an exact measurement of your bullet's drag profile plus corrections for aerodynamic jump, spin drift, coriolis, and drop scale factoring to achieve accurate extended long-range shots
- expanded features include a customizable range card, and an expanded ballistics data table as well as storage for up to 16 gun and bullet profiles and 5 saved targets
- weather mode offers the full environmental measurements, storage and charting capabilities of the kestrel 5500 weather meter, including wind speed, direction, crosswind, temperature, humidity, pressure and altitude
- large, hi-res, hi-contrast, graphic display is perfectly readable in the brightest sunlight. includes both bright white and night-vision -preserving red backlight
- choice of solution units (mils, true moa, shooter's moa, or clicks) - works with any gun or targeting scope
- rugged (drop tested to mil-std-810g standards), waterproof (sealed to ip67 standards) and floats
the kestrel elite weather meter with applied ballistics takes the guesswork out of long-range shooting, even out to the transonic and subsonic flight range of your bullet.
this next-generation integrated weather meter and ballistics solver provides the same trusted accuracy, reliability, and usability as the original kestrel 4500 with applied ballistics but adds many new features and options. if you're familiar with the kestrel 4500, the first thing you'll notice is the larger, higher-resolution and contrast display and improved font readability. the kestrel 5 series also includes a built-in dual color backlight, extra-strong polycarbonate lens and aa battery operation.
like all kestrel meters, the kestrel elite is drop-proof, dust-proof, waterproof and able to withstand harsh environments without damage - so it can accompany you to the range, hunt, match, deployment or engagement for years to come. a range of carry pouch options makes it even easier to take your kestrel meter with you.
in addition to the ballistics solver capabilities, the kestrel elite is a comprehensive weather meter for measurement and logging of primary environmental conditions: wind speed and direction, temperature, humidity, heat index, pressure and altitude. paired with the vane mount, the kestrel elite becomes a compact, easily-deployable weather station. your data log can be transferred to a mobile device wirelessly with the link wireless communication option and kestrel link app, or to a pc/mac with either the wireless usb kestrel link dongle or waterproof usb data transfer cable (available separately). sleek, rugged tripod vane mount
small, secure, robust vane mount turns any kestrel 5 series meter into a portable weather station that remains oriented into the wind. (included in some models where noted, otherwise sold as optional accessory.)large, high contrast screen
easily readable text in almost any setting, including bright sunlight, with more visible information on the screen at all times. this high-resolution display is easy on the eyes, allowing you to get more information from customizable user screens, charting and graphing options without causing eye strain or fatigue.dual color backlight
toggle backlight color between standard white and night-vision-preserving red (nv). the red nv backlight features an optical wavelength selected to help users sustain natural night vision and reduced brightness to avoid detection during night maneuvers.secure battery door
large, o-ring sealed door provides easy, tool-free battery access.scratch and breakage-resistant window
rigid, polycarbonate lens with scratch-coating protects the display from damage.corrosion-resistant battery compartment
battery is isolated from electronics, reducing damage in the event of a battery leak. (note - lithium aa batteries strongly recommended to avoid battery leakage altogether.)intuitive user-interface
icon-based navigation, intuitive keypad, and multiple languages make the kestrel a breeze to use.environmental measurements:
- barometric pressure
- density altitude
- dew point temperature
- direction (wind direction and orientation)
- heat stress index
- relative humidity
- station pressure (absolute pressure)
- wet bulb temperature (psychrometric)
- wind chill
- wind speed
- neck lanyard
- aa lithium battery (average life 400 hours)
- protective drawstring pouch
- certificate of conformity (with complete specifications)
- instruction manual
- 5-year warranty
Model #: 0857ABLK
*Warranty: Full manufacturer's warranty applies.
This item is accompanied by a manufacturer's warranty. Most items, if found to be defective, may be returned to Savinglots.com for replacement within 30 days from the original date of purchase with proper return authorization. After the 30 day time period, products must be returned to their original manufacturer for the remainder of the manufacturer's warranty period.
Most manufacturers offer at least a 1 year warranty. Please check with the specific manufacturer for their warranty periods. Please email or call us with any questions if you are unable to find specific information.
Large items such as refrigerators, freezers will be serviced under warranty by the manufacturers recommended servicer at your location.